11.19.2006

three day work week

So this Thursday is Thanksgiving. I'll be spending the day at my Mom's house with Mom, Dad, sister, her husband, their three kids, and my husband and our three kids. Should be an interesting day.

The thing I'm most thankful for this week is that I only have to be at work for three days of it. I'm bored with work these days. I've been in this position for four years and at first it was very exciting, but really.. the admissions cycle just keeps rolling year after year with basically all the same stuff each time. There are aspects about my job that I really do like very much. For instance, I *love* giving presentations on Penn State to high school students and their parents, and talking to them about all we can offer, and all the options they have. It feels good to feel 'helpful'. I dig that. Other than that, though.. I'm starting to really not like the fact that there's no way for me to be creative in this job. I think that the more I become involved in the art field, the less I enjoy jobs that limit my creativity. So, hopefully a change is on the way and I can start to enjoy my 'job' again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home