11.01.2006

so sad..

My husband just posted me a link to another blog where someone is discussing how Second Life is ruining THEIR life. I found this post to be completely and totally amusing. I guess because I've spent years in IRC and have seen the drama that unfolds in that virtual 'community' and have now spent a significant amount of time in Second Life and have seen the differences between the two, this blog entry made me laugh. Out loud.

I find myself doing the same thing this person is complaining about. I never sign onto IRC anymore - I'm always in Second Life? Why? Well for the orgasms, of course! Kidding.

I think I've been attracted to both of these things because there truly does exist a sense of community in each. You meet REAL people and come to form 'real' relationships. But dang, once you add pictures, that whole IRC thing isn't so neat anymore. IRC for me now is like comparing hamburger to filet mignon. I'm not gonna hang around eating ground beef if I can click a different button and end up with filet mignon. Second Life is my filet mignon right now, and I'm no longer hungry for hamburger.

However, it should be noted, that if the market price of filet mignon continues to increase as it has been, while the quality of the meat continues to decline... ground beef may become the meal of choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home