11.16.2006

two steps away...

As of today, we're only two dudes away from having a female president. Nancy Pelosi was chosen Speaker of the House today - the first woman ever to hold the position. That's pretty cool, I'm thinking.. then I realize - If anything were to happen to the president and vice-president? Bam! Female president! That rocks.

Then I got to thinking about how I'd be as president. I'm thinking not so good. I'd suck as the President of the United States. I'd get in a cranky-ass mood or be pissed off about something, and the next thing you know we'd be at war with God knows what country for God knows what. Oh hey wait.. maybe this whole Iraq thing just started cause George was in a bad mood one day. I can see how it could happen. Thing is, now we're kinda stuck there and people are all dying and shit - that part kinda sucks. Plus now he can't really say 'oh, my bad, that was a jacked-up decision' cause then he looks even worse for making all of those people die for NOTHING really, but.. aren't we already doing that anyway? Does ANYONE ever really think that things will improve so dramatically in the middle east that one day we'll be able to say "There see! It was all worth it!"

I don't think so, either.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home