12.18.2006

i'd like to thank the academy..

Time magazine has voted me their 'Person of the Year' for 2006, and i'd just like to take this moment to say 'thanks', and to thank everyone that made this possible.

Thank you to Time for this honor. It's an honor I could never have dreamed of receiving. All of those countless hours on IRC, the time spent developing my website, the numerous blog entries.. I just had no idea it would pay off like this.

Thank you also to Second Life for providing us with the opportunity to take 'online communities' to the next level. You guys take a lot of shit, sometimes deservedly, but I have to say that in general.. you rock my world. So, thank you to Linden Labs.

Thank you, also, to all of the friends I've met in online communities over the last 12 years. There are far too many to mention them all, but of particular importance are my husband Reginald Golding and my best friend Grace McDunnough. Thank you for all your support and for constantly putting up with my shit.

Thank you to all of my fans. Without you, none of this would have been possible. *sob*

Ok seriously.. Time magazine has said that "you" are the Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" - "you" being everyone involved in the 'information age". So, congratulations everyone. Give yourself a pat on the back for me, and buy yourself somethin special to celebrate. Maybe a new laptop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home