7.31.2007

Penn State and Second Life

Today's student newspaper (The Daily Collegian) has an article about Penn State's presence in Second Life and they talk about my 'virtual THON' project - neat!

I'm glad to see that Penn State is developing a presence in Second Life, but I gotta say that I'm just not sure they're going about it the right way. Although I'm incredibly grateful to ITS/ETS for donating land to the Penn State New Media Art Department (thanks, Brett!), it would have been nice to see some sort of 'plan' for the space. As it stands, it feels very much like everyone's just doing their own thing without thinking how the spaces might work in relation to each other. I worry that once everyone has 'claimed' their area, it'll all just be individuals working with their own agenda and not thinking above the overall impression the space is making. Hopefully we'll find some way to make that work.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home