7.10.2007

postcard project

One of the art projects i've been working on, is making some 'retro' postcards from within SL that people could send (through the US Postal service, not email *gasp*) to a friend. I picked out two images I liked and ordered some postcard prints of them to send to the art show in NYC and to SLCC in Chicago.

The back of the postcards has the message that they should send the postcard to a friend, and their story to me. i love the idea of the front of the postcard saying 'wish you were here' because it makes me wonder how many people wish that someone from their "RL" is part of "SL" or.. vice versa.

I also like the idea of bringing art from SL into real-life. So many artists are importing their work into SL to sell/display there, but I like the idea of doing the opposite. I'm also really interested in making art that's 'interactive', so these postcards achieve all these things.

Oh, they also come with a postage stamp already on them.. also made from another piece I did in SL. Neat stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home