10.24.2007

This whole "CSI" thing in SL

Ok so I've been following the 'excitement' of the big CSI:NY episode related to Second Life that will premier tonight at 10EST. Because of this 'buzz', I decided I should go check out the CSI:NY sims (and wow are there a lot). Upon arrival.. I was greeted with this, by someone with "CSI:NY Greeter" as her title.

[18:02] CSI:NY Greeter Girl (named changed to protect the stupid): Once you have recieved your hud go to the next icon and click viewer. Downoad the viewer and log back in useing your new CSI viewer. You will also need Quick time if you do not allready have it. If you have the new CSI viewer move onto next board.

followed by...

[18:03] CSI:NY Greeter Girl (name changed to protect the stupid): Once you downloaded new viewer and log back into game useing the new viewer and having hud attached go to the next board where you will see Anthony Zuiker and click the red CLICKE HERE. Goodluck

Ok, are you KIDDING me? Is this for real? You expect.. people that have never been in Second Life before.. to follow these instructions and understand what the hell to do? This is a complete joke and my God, if you're going to have people as "greeters", dear Jesus, do us all a favor and at the very LEAST be sure they can spell.

I did ask one of the CSI:NY Managers if she was hired by ESC and she confirmed that indeed she was, and when I asked if the greeters were as well, she assured me they were.

This is pathetic. Truly. C'mon people.. you KNOW how Second Life works and I was really hoping for something pretty amazing here. So far.. I'm really disappointed. For companies and individuals that are supposed to "get it", this is sad.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home