12.07.2007

this is reality..

This has nothing at all to do with Second Life, or virtual worlds, but it has everything to do with reality.

There's a story on CNN today about some triplets that were just recently born. Stories like this are usually good and happy things (although overwhelming for the parents, I'm sure!), but this story wasn't like that. These triplets are going to be raised by their father because their mother never saw them.. she died. This man is now faced with the job of raising these three amazing little boys (apparently he's calling them "Daddy's Army") but also working through the fact that he's just lost his wife and the mother of these boys.

He has a full-time construction job, but doesn't think he can pay for daycare costs for the children, and doesn't know how he'd pay his mortgage if he were to quit his job to raise his sons. My heart just broke when I read/saw this story and it's just one more thing to remind us that our 'reality' can change any second.

I wonder how many people go through life not telling people they love them or care about them and then wish they would have when something like this happens. I've always been a strong believer in telling people how I feel about them. Have I looked like a complete idiot at times? Absolutely, but I never want to be the person that says "God, I wish I had let them know how I felt."

Second Life gives us the ability to 'make our own' reality and live a different life and experience different things but the really important things are still there no matter what world you're in. Be real, be open, be honest, and don't play games. Life's a precious thing and we are fragile people.

-micala

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very well said Micala

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home